Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Jagged Edges Problem

the topic is closed
02/10/2011 15:37:01

sanjitill
sanjitill
Hi,

I've been playing with Muvizu for a couple of days and so far it's been great. It installed fine and runs fine.

The only problem is that many of objects and characters have jagged edges. These jagged edges show up even more after I have created the AVI file.

My laptop's about a year and a half old.
Its specs are:
Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (TM) M 330@ 2.13GHz
RAM: 4 GB
64 bit Operating System
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)

I've already updated my video card drivers.
Is there anything I can do about the jagged edges?

Thanks!
02/10/2011 15:53:16

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
sanjitill wrote:
Hi,

I've been playing with Muvizu for a couple of days and so far it's been great. It installed fine and runs fine.

The only problem is that many of objects and characters have jagged edges. These jagged edges show up even more after I have created the AVI file.

My laptop's about a year and a half old.
Its specs are:
Windows 7
Intel (R) Core (TM) M 330@ 2.13GHz
RAM: 4 GB
64 bit Operating System
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3)

I've already updated my video card drivers.
Is there anything I can do about the jagged edges?

Thanks!

there is anti-ailiasing is available via a checkbox when you go to the make video stage. This should solve your jaggy problem.
Cheers
D
02/10/2011 16:07:41

sanjitill
sanjitill
Dreeko wrote:

there is anti-ailiasing is available via a checkbox when you go to the make video stage. This should solve your jaggy problem.
Cheers
D

Hi Dreeko,
Thanks for the response.
I've tried the checkbox for the Anti-Aliasing but it the video still looks jagged. Any other advice?
Thanks!
02/10/2011 16:52:11

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hi dude - what resolution are you outputting the movie as? I think the default (under Movie Options) is 480x360, which is a bit rubbish. Your machine should be able to handle the 1280x720 option, which is very smooth, so try that and see how it goes.
02/10/2011 17:03:17

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
Hi dude - what resolution are you outputting the movie as? I think the default (under Movie Options) is 480x360, which is a bit rubbish. Your machine should be able to handle the 1280x720 option, which is very smooth, so try that and see how it goes.

Listen to ziggy!

HD is da best! Thumbs Up
02/10/2011 17:17:00

sanjitill
sanjitill
ziggy72 wrote:

Hi Ziggy,
Thanks for the advice. I tried changing the resolution.
But I'm still getting the jagged edges and also the audio somewhat stutters.

Even before I make the movie, the actual project in Muvizu has some jagged edges.

I'm beginning to think my graphics card - Intel(R) HD Graphics (Core i3) - is the problem.
Is this card not powerful enough to use with Muvizu?
02/10/2011 18:22:25

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
The Intel HD is an integrated graphics chip meaning that it shares it's memory with the system ram. This slows down pretty much anything that is "graphics intensive" considerably. While it is possible to get somewhat satisfactory results with the newer chips I've found that computers with integrated graphics just don't play well with Muvizu.
06/10/2011 04:27:54

sanjitill
sanjitill
mysto wrote:
The Intel HD is an integrated graphics chip meaning that it shares it's memory with the system ram. This slows down pretty much anything that is "graphics intensive" considerably. While it is possible to get somewhat satisfactory results with the newer chips I've found that computers with integrated graphics just don't play well with Muvizu.

Thanks for the advice, mysto.
I'll probably be buying a new laptop in the next couple of weeks anyway.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Jagged Edges Problem