the topic is closed
05/06/2012 16:15:23

Ed-Wood
Ed-Wood
Hi All

1 year on and im still learning...anyway.........

How do i create the illusion of a person flying with Camera in front and flying through clouds (fog)then clear sky.
Im thinking the camera will be doing alot of movment to give the immpression of flying by (Like greenscreen effect)

What backdrops would i use

Im thinking the movie Brasil at the begining

Any visds like this around

Thanks wou Movizuolics

Ed-Wood
05/06/2012 17:26:48

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Check Out Wabby's vid's and Dreeko's tutorials! I think between them they have it covered! Genius.es...Genii? ...They are a bit good!
05/06/2012 23:07:18

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I do have a few ideas on this.

Stay tuned....

D
08/06/2012 13:03:18

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Fying by or flying toward the camera? Toward the camera would use a ground plane with some kind of moving background. To simulate going through fog you could place the smoke effect behind the camera pointed toward the character. Turn it on, then off, it'll look like he passed through clouds long the way.

Flying by would definitely be easier using camera movement, again with a moving background of clouds.

Just some thoughts, I'm sure there's plenty of other ways to achieve the effect.
08/06/2012 21:03:40

Ed-Wood
Ed-Wood
Thanks Danimal
You are on the same wavelength as me so far as this is what im thinking aslo but would love to see a clip of this done by one of our wonderful inventive movizuer's.
Plus im waiting to see what Dreeko comes up with.
For now all i can do is experiment ( some times u come across happy accidents)
Edwood
09/06/2012 03:24:51

skylikeMuvizu mogulExperimental user
skylike
To give the illusion that clouds are passing by use the dry ice,
Animate: The intensity , then object move it past the camera if you play with the levels it gives a great effect.
Good luck !
09/06/2012 09:30:25

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
simonheffer
A bit of debris flying pass helps. Try a toned down dust cloud/pyro/sparks.
See Moon Trip

It seems to having gone missing from Muvizu - what's happened chaps? rant
09/06/2012 21:29:12

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
simonheffer wrote:
A bit of debris flying pass helps. Try a toned down dust cloud/pyro/sparks.
See Moon Trip

It seems to having gone missing from Muvizu - what's happened chaps? rant

Unless you happen to own the rights to that Deep Purple song, YouTube will remove it from syndication i.e. no external links allowed, therefore it gets removed from Muvizu's gallery. Same thing happened to my Kung Fu International film (twice). So, you'll either have to get the rights, or learn how to play guitar
10/06/2012 01:39:34

simonheffer
Well I don't own the rights to Tomahawk Kid either and that's still there. And there are other songs on other Muvizu videos. Just unlucky I guess.
10/06/2012 03:26:40

skylike
We use so much music its not funny, and we dont own the rights to any of it.. only seems to be an issue when you try to monitize the video (rightly so). Keep them unmonitized and they won't get removed. We use big name songs some recent too. But we can't monitize as yet. Usually if you get a third party content match from youtube on upload, it will be taken down once you monitize it.
You can always pay for the license.. epsecially if its only one song, costs virtually nothing..
10/06/2012 10:40:00

gimmick
gimmick
Space Truckin', a great rock song !
10/06/2012 15:24:13

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Unless you happen to own the rights to that Deep Purple song, YouTube will remove it from syndication i.e. no external links allowed, therefore it gets removed from Muvizu's gallery. Same thing happened to my Kung Fu International film (twice). So, you'll either have to get the rights, or learn how to play guitar

I think ziggy is right here. It's likely to have been blocked by youtube for copyrighted music. I'll check on monday morning when I can access the youtube systems we have and I'll be able to confirm if it is then. In the mean time you can check this yourself by going to your youtube channel and editting this video - have a look at the syndication option and embed option, they'll probably be turned off and possibly be disabled to prevent you turning it back on. Chances are there will be a note next to the video in the youtube video manager that says something like "matched 3rd party content"

--
Direct, don't animate!
12/06/2012 20:44:35

Ed-Wood
Ed-Wood
Thanks guys but im asking about how to fly through clouds and how to get character in right position------how did we get on to music????????

Think superman from the front or the start of the movie Brasil eg

keep going .anyone seen a movizu like what i describe?
12/06/2012 20:59:49

Dreeko
Right the best I can think of would be have your character standing on a floating ground plane with no texture or colour (invisible) slightly raised from a second ground plane which could have an avi file similar to below.

there are quite a few royalty free clips you can grab from youtube.

Direct the character to look upwards and select an appropriate pose for his/her stance

Position the camera straight above looking downward on the scene to give the illusion that he is flying in the prone position.

Use some effects for extra clouds eg. dry ice, smoke, dust etc and animate either the ground plane moving upwards (bringing the character with it) or animate the camera (movement or zoom) to give the same effect

or both!

or

animate the movement of the avi ground plane!

voila!

If I can manage I'll try and do a video tutorial but basically it'll just explain the above.

Hope this helps

Cheers
D
13/06/2012 20:35:26

Ed-Wood
Ed-Wood
Thanks Dreeko I knew you would come through for me. Ill get back to you in a few years time !!!!!!!!!!

I know youve got a tutorial on floating ground planes ill root that one out

Thanks again all you wonderful muvizuolics
13/06/2012 22:31:35

Dreeko
Anytime Ed

glad to be of help!
13/06/2012 23:26:27

simonheffer
skylike wrote:

You can always pay for the license.. epsecially if its only one song, costs virtually nothing..

I did look at the PRS and PPL(?) sites but it wasn't clear to me which license was appropriate - and how do I tell YouTube I have a license?
14/06/2012 00:41:09

skylike
simonheffer wrote:
skylike wrote:

I did look at the PRS and PPL(?) sites but it wasn't clear to me which license was appropriate - and how do I tell YouTube I have a license?

DISCLAIMER: We are in Australia so this info is from APRA, may not apply to you.
Ok.... 1 - Which type of license?, (no expert) from what i have found ot there seems to be 2 forms of licenses. The first is for what we do, posting vids on youtube. This is the basic license, where you pay once for the song you use.
The second which is what most people get confused is for Merchandise production (dvd), That license costs a fortune depending on how many DVD's you produce and sell.
The license that your looking for is to use the musical rights and pay a 1 time fee for the use of the song/s. To give you an idea of the price we are currently using approx 20 song titles which we don't own the rights too. Come time to monitize it will cost approx $1000 for use of all the songs featured in our videos. Hope this helps...
14/06/2012 00:46:09

skylike
simonheffer wrote:
skylike wrote:

In respect to how you tell youtube...
Once you have been granted the ability to monitize. After you upload your video it will give you the option to monitize your video, once you do this a screen will pop up asking you to disclose any music/images/video being used that was not created by you but that you have the rights to use. That is when you need to notify them of the license.
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Flying