Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? The Muvizu Treasure Hunt Advent Calendar

pages: 1 2 3 4 | the topic is closed
25/12/2012 00:37:31

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
The case of several were vague which leads one to the assumption that case is not important. The only place those letters and numbers seem to fit is in the word box of Muvizu. Given that that creates an object on a set what are you supposed to do with it?

Together with the download recommendation and the fact that other competitions require submission of a video the evidence points to making a video of the object created and submitting it asap as first past the post wins. I am sure the time of all uploads is logged and therefore the first correct entry uploaded through the site will be easy to see.

EDIT: A treasure hunt requires some detective work.
edited by WozToons on 25/12/2012
edited by WozToons on 25/12/2012
25/12/2012 00:51:07

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ah well anyhow since I dont live in the local time zone etc its a bit hard I would hate to be an aussie because they are upside down and backwards.

Good luck to anyone who figured it out for myself the one thing I thought would not be involved in this was making a video :/

not to mention I have not found the submission instructions which were apparently precise ^^

I think many people might have thought it was an easter egg code it still might be and now I am off to work on me superman video Big Grin
25/12/2012 01:26:55

WozToons
Have fun and Happy New Year.
25/12/2012 02:40:31

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
surely the code is for something? i suppose it wont matter but i thought it was code for a you tube identification 11 letters and numbers long, you tube vids are 11 numbers and letters long but i couldnt get it to work for me.

Its definately a code for something (i am not submitting by the way because I already have a yeti microphone lol) but its definately a code for something
25/12/2012 11:27:50

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
I think I'm giving this one a miss folks, good luck to everyone, hope you are lucky!
These are fantastic prizes

Happy Xmas and have a great New year!
artpen
edited by artpen on 25/12/2012
25/12/2012 12:35:55

iota2000
iota2000
fazz68 wrote:
surely the code is for something? i suppose it wont matter but i thought it was code for a you tube identification 11 letters and numbers long, you tube vids are 11 numbers and letters long but i couldnt get it to work for me.

That's what I thought too.
25/12/2012 14:17:35

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
The only drawback to this contest that i could see was that it was a first come first win type thing being that some people had to work and all makes it hard to meet that kind of dead line. But atleast they are giving away a 2nd prize which makes up for it. Congrats to who ever made it in time! and Good luck to everyone else that got entered in the 2nd drawing
25/12/2012 19:38:30

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
It was meant to be easy!

25/12/2012 19:51:27

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
InsaneHamster wrote:
The only drawback to this contest that i could see was that it was a first come first win type thing being that some people had to work and all makes it hard to meet that kind of dead line. But atleast they are giving away a 2nd prize which makes up for it. Congrats to who ever made it in time! and Good luck to everyone else that got entered in the 2nd drawing

yes I was not even awake when the last clue was entered and then well I didnt actually work on it till hours later by the time I actually got a chance to solve the thing entries had been made for about 10 hours according to the first comment I saw (in the right place) anyhow neither here nor there I like many seemed to have the basis of the code down but could do nothing with it for many hours. This is always going to be a problem hehe but in the end its really just fun to watch the thing unfold. I didnt enter any of the drawings as the only thing on the list I would have wanted to win and could have made use of was the laptop pc. The yeti mic is an excellent mic and from what I saw gosh at least 10 hours after the first entry was made only 20 people at most had solved it.
26/12/2012 15:17:35

barrys
barrys
Hello

Thanks to everyone who's entered so far. We're impressed by how many people figured out the code. For those who haven't yet don't forget: there's still time to enter the 'prize draw' part of the hunt.

Keep sleuthing and good luck

Barry, on behalf of MuvizuHQ
27/12/2012 21:20:55

Muvi_Maker
Muvi_Maker
Finally figured it.

Not as easy as I thought, but a bit of experimentation went a long way.
30/12/2012 11:24:25

Renato1
Renato1
WozToons wrote:
As there is already an entry in the updates ( see right bar under post list ), I think the answer may be simpler than people think. As the cat may be out of the bag already I see no harm in posting my submission. At least those who had trouble with the cryptic stuff will get a chance in the draw then.

Even though my post was hours before yours, it was very nice to see a Muvizu friend posting just like my guess. Thanks WozToons. Then came toonorama's movie (funny one, btw) reinforcing us... And it was also great! Thanks toonorama. Now came Muvi_Maker saying that finally figured it and that wasn't not as easy as thought before... So, with no post it now seems that he/she was wrong or trolling, but that's only a hope.

It seems that only in the week beginning 7th of January we'll know. Anywayz, we watched great animations and had fun thanks to Muvizu Treasure Hunt, what are enough reasons to be glad.

And for those who still didn't watch mine there it goes:

30/12/2012 14:57:40

zerohero
zerohero
Finaly figured it out today! Ahh that was frustrating haha
30/12/2012 20:36:32

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Renato1 wrote:
WozToons wrote:
As there is already an entry in the updates ( see right bar under post list ), I think the answer may be simpler than people think. As the cat may be out of the bag already I see no harm in posting my submission. At least those who had trouble with the cryptic stuff will get a chance in the draw then.

Thanks toonorama. Now came Muvi_Maker saying that finally figured it and that wasn't not as easy as thought before... So, with no post it now seems that he/she was wrong or trolling, but that's only a hope.

It seems that only in the week beginning 7th of January we'll know. Anywayz, we watched great animations and had fun thanks to Muvizu Treasure Hunt, what are enough reasons to be glad.

and any videos posted in this thread aren't entries and cant possibly be entries and I will leave it at that....
edited by urbanlamb on 30/12/2012
30/12/2012 21:23:05

WozToons
Tried the Youtube thing and despite my best efforts could not find a video.

I am an artist not a code breaker.
14/01/2013 10:36:38

Kimberley228K
Kimberley228K
Congratulations to our 3 lucky winners Trikolad, Fman00 and Zerohero!

Everyone done so well and we hope you all enjoyed the Christmas Treasure Hunt as much as we did!

Well done everyone.

Buddies

http://muvizu.com/News/144/And-the-Muvizu-Christmas-Treasure-Hunt-winner
edited by Kimberley228K on 14/01/2013
14/01/2013 15:36:42

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
well done you im not in the least bit jealous Toast
14/01/2013 16:47:19

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto