Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Suddenly People who watch my videos has fallen ?

the topic is closed
07/12/2012 07:07:50

chucklesExperimental user
chuckles
I Started in November 2010. My next Muvizu will be my 150th one. I think my standard is as good as ever, but my last two have been almost ignored (23 for one, 11 for the other) Only two weeks ago I was getting, on average, about 120. I've looked at other people's videos, and they are all doing better. the two I'm talking about are -

and -

They both appear on the Muvizu Gallery. , the "Puppy" one is suitable for children, AND has a funny ending.
Any Ideas / suggestions ?
Paul
edited by chuckles on 07/12/2012
07/12/2012 09:28:59

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Have you been changing anything in regards to your tags?

There is lots of information of the web/Youtube about SEO and alike.

Think I saw some Youtube vids that actually go into it in detail, about what tags to put, what to name your file...etc, etc.

Might be a nice place to start off?

Hope that helps a bit
07/12/2012 09:53:05

chuckles
Thank you Mike. No, I've changed nothing in my tags, and my titles are similar to always. It's a mystery (Toyah). I've read several things about how to attract people to watching, and tried some of them, but this seems to have all happened in the last two weeks. Most of the remarks and nice things that are said about my stuff, are by the Moguls, or by the Muvizu staff!
07/12/2012 10:00:26

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Hmm, tis an interesting case and no mistake!

Might be with Christmas coming up, some folks just don't have as much free time on their hands to view all the videos coming through?

I like having Twitter and Facebook linked to my Youtube to promote the stuff I do as well. That is another route you could explore if you don't already?
07/12/2012 12:09:21

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
150 videos!
That's some achievement!
Make chuckles a mogul for Christmas!
The campaign starts here!

D
07/12/2012 14:57:40

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
Hi chuckles - that is really weird. I see your latest video is in the 3rd spot on the Gallery homepage so I can't think of what it is. A lot of the people on here tend to share their videos on the forum as well - I think that drives quite a few views. But that's the only thing I can think of.

Also Holy MOLY! 150 videos?! I think you were definitely one of the earliest users on here Thanks for sticking with us!
07/12/2012 15:44:56

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Mogul mogul mogul!!
07/12/2012 18:42:20

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Youtube has reconfigured a whole bunch. I use stumbleupon at times to find new followers etc. You might want to make like a little blog of some sort (tumbler seems pretty popular these days). Basically you have to find a way to 'pimp your videos' haha . I suck at twitter but I have developped a presence on facebook (facebook makes more sense to me twitter I truly dont get .. ) I dont know how many views I get from here really I haven't checked to be honest and youtube has changed up their algorithms over time to match googles stuff.

You also need to find good search terms especially with the new layout little people like us get burried
10/12/2012 11:30:27

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
It looks like youtube removed a lot of your views, no idea why.

Anyway, this site is useful if you watching your viewing figures -

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/eugenecheese

--
Direct, don't animate!
10/12/2012 16:23:31

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
something of his was claimed by a network so the views got redirected. Network/Claimed By: stv
edited by urbanlamb on 10/12/2012
10/12/2012 16:56:46

fullmetall
fullmetall
urbanlamb wrote:
/quote]

good to see you, in Mogul, nice choice from Muvizu HQ
@+
edited by fullmetall on 10/12/2012
10/12/2012 18:08:57

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fullmetall wrote:

good to see you, in Mogul, nice choice from Muvizu HQ
@+
edited by fullmetall on 10/12/2012

Thanks.

I have to send in my bribe money soon though Big Grin

I just got my sacrificial goat in the mail from the secret handshake club.
10/12/2012 19:10:29

chuckles
I've no idea what stv is! What Network ? Why am I on their list ? What is social blade ? How can views be redirected ? Have I been hacked ? Please help.
Worried of London.
PS I've never applied to be Monetized or anything else!
edited by chuckles on 10/12/2012
edited by chuckles on 10/12/2012
10/12/2012 19:40:21

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
chuckles wrote:
I've no idea what stv is! What Network ?

If it's in the UK, STV is just Scottish TeleVision. Why they would do this is beyond me, and everyone else I'm sure.
10/12/2012 20:35:26

chuckles
ziggy72 wrote:
chuckles wrote:

If it's in the UK, STV is just Scottish TeleVision. Why they would do this is beyond me, and everyone else I'm sure.

Yes, now I understand, thank you! I DID clip excerpts of a Scottish TV programmw - The Funny Farm, because a lot of my Comedian Friends were on it in the 80s, but the shows they were in were 30 minutes. I just extracted short clips of them so they could be watched on their own, I DID give full credit to stv and the programme. They added ads and I thought that was all OK. It's strange that they took views AWAY from me! Why would they do that? I'm making no profit from it.
10/12/2012 20:52:19

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
chuckles wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
chuckles wrote:

Yes, now I understand, thank you! I DID clip excerpts of a Scottish TV programmw - The Funny Farm, because a lot of my Comedian Friends were on it in the 80s, but the shows they were in were 30 minutes. I just extracted short clips of them so they could be watched on their own, I DID give full credit to stv and the programme. They added ads and I thought that was all OK. It's strange that they took views AWAY from me! Why would they do that? I'm making no profit from it.

they are claiming credit is all and since they have a presence on youtube they have taken those stats to increase their stats if that makes any sense. Its all about numbers this is common on youtube actually I have seen others with this problem its not really a big deal unless you want to make money from your channel its simply them calculating using some wierd automated algorithm how much traffic is "rightfully theirs" so they can put it back onto their channel.

I would not worry about it. You werent hacked. They are a network on youtube this means they worry about their views. This television show is one of their partnered channels.

http://socialblade.com/youtube/network/stv
Please Note: Users shown in this table are either IN the network (i.e. signed a contract) or been CLAIMED BY the network (i.e. uploaded copyrighted music and are claimed by a music company). Even if you are in Network X, if you upload a video with copyright violations on it and Network Y claims it you could be shown in the wrong network. Best bet, don't violate copyrights and dispute any invalid third party matched content. :

12/12/2012 16:08:10

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Heard some talk of when Youtube changed a bunch of stuff the last few days/weeks, they have bumped a user's own Subscribtion/Video choices, with a bunch they now 'recommend'.

The long and short meaning, If someone has subbed to your channel, they won't know you have put out a video, because Youtube would rather spam them with their stuff instead of the stuff they have chosen to be notified about.

Quite a few people have been feeling the effects of reduced view counts as a result.
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Suddenly People who watch my videos has fallen ?