Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed
07/10/2013 19:01:30

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Oh yes. Loads the sets I had troubles with no bother, and the other little touches are very appreciated ('switch to Direct' - see, it makes so much more sense that way!). One persistent problem remains (a feature I use a lot, which is why I keep harping on about it) and that is the "Don't Breathe" character option seems to mean 'ignore that and keep breathing anyway'. And assuming it did work, shouldn't that be the default option for the robot characters anyway?

One issue I have with Play+ is that, while it's great to be able to output 1080 video, the 2gb limit remains which limits us to 30 seconds of uncompressed video at a time. I can work around that, sure, but isn't there something we can do to create larger vids without having to resort to this? I know larger media files play on PC, I have a few 4 and 5 gig films that play just fine, so it must be possible somehow...

Anyway, great update for all manner of reasons
07/10/2013 19:06:15

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
It would be great if they could add a couple of windows formats for example wmv there is a version that the quality is very good and it plays no matter the length. I use this often for things. Also an mpeg format would be good. I have both these on "them other softwares" and rarely resort to these other formats as a result. I dont think anyone can tell the difference in quality.

I also want to say thanks for doing this as its been very hard even with the superman project as of late due to what I had to do to stop it from being stolen as I had put money into rights for music and sound and needed to enter the dreaded content ID arena of youtube in order to chase downloads around. I know that a price tag will upset many and theoretically the concept of money is something that could be done away with if the world leaders decided to. Unfortunately until such a time as we enter the era of star trek where there is no money and everyone can access everything this had to happen.

I am by no means rich but at the end of the day if we want to keep muvizu and its parent company alive and working on this software something had to give. I hope that muvizu makes bucket loads of money now enabling it to pour money into further development and hire more staff.
edited by urbanlamb on 07/10/2013
07/10/2013 20:18:59

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Yeah, currently rendering a Doctor Who thing in 1080p and I realize it will take up 4gb or more.

WMV Would be a brilliant format to render in (probably better than that targa sequence thingy).

That said, I love the option to render in 1080p.

Thanks for the new features,
MDW13
07/10/2013 22:40:56

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Mine is acting wierd I can find now upgrade option and it gave me a message it had to download stuff when I tried to load a set ..
So far no joy i am removing it all and clearning my registry maybe then I will get the right message. Unless I am having a brain fart moment I can't find any way to upgrade it so far
07/10/2013 22:47:27

ziggy72
Was it the Lite version you downloaded, or the full one? The full one works (and damn does it work - been attaching textured bits onto a Darth Vader man character and he looks bleedin' awesome so far!). I know a 500mb download isn't for everyone, but if all else fails...
07/10/2013 22:56:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
no it was the full version

I installed it over top of the old version so now i just removed all trace and am trying again. I only had the option to pay per minute it wanted to download a custom set not any of the packs those all installed it didnt want to load me set with my two planes in it.. so let me try again after removing all trace
07/10/2013 23:00:21

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
(well can someone tell me where this upgrade option is I have clicked all the menus and only am given an option to remove watermark this is an install from scratch it says "from the license management pane" but i see no such panel )

/shrug where is said panel?

nevermind found it finally :/

(accessed by clicking on the pink question mark in the top right hand corner of Muvizu:Play).

I figured it would be more obvious i had to reread the blog to find the infos. Also that clipboard thing caught me.

trust me to find all the wierd bits.. now hopefully the set i was working on will load without telling me something about downloading whatevers that is already on my desktop
edited by urbanlamb on 07/10/2013
08/10/2013 03:04:36

ziggy72
Hmm, I take it back - you aren't limited to 30 seconds on 1080 output, it's more like 20 seconds and then you hit 2gb. That's a shame, as such a harsh limitation makes it impractical for, well, anything much. Be sticking with 720 for the moment until someone figures out how to make it work.
08/10/2013 06:57:30

MrDrWho13
Yeah, I've rendered my Doctor Who thingy, which was less than a minute if I remember rightly. However, it took up 4gb of space on my hard drive, and when attempting to upload through the website, the loading bar went backwards out of the box.
08/10/2013 07:09:29

MrDrWho13
Also, has anyone else found 1.2/play+ slightly slower than the previous one?
edited by MrDrWho13 on 08/10/2013
08/10/2013 08:59:45

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Keep it coming!

We hope you all enjoy the long awaited features and thank you again for all your patience over the years!

All the best,

-Mike.
08/10/2013 10:38:29

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
Hmm, I take it back - you aren't limited to 30 seconds on 1080 output, it's more like 20 seconds and then you hit 2gb. That's a shame, as such a harsh limitation makes it impractical for, well, anything much. Be sticking with 720 for the moment until someone figures out how to make it work.

Hi ziggy,

The 2GB limit is a result of the AVI 1.0 video format Muvizu outputs. It's not specific to resolution (try rendering a 640x480 uncompressed video for 20 mins and you'll hit that 2GB file limit as well).

There's 3 work arounds to the limit that you can use though -

1. Render out up to 2GB (20 seconds per file or where ever you find that limit) and stitch them together in a video editor. Not Ideal.
2. Use a compression codec, Lagarith gives good results but eventually you'll hit that limit again. Not Ideal.
3. Render out a Targa Sequence. This will generate each frame as a single image file and means you'll never have an AVI file from Muvizu to hit any limit. You can open the Targa sequence in most video editors and then render a AVI (or any format video) from them. You also get a wav file for your audio output. This would be the ideal way of working.

--
Direct, don't animate!
08/10/2013 12:56:39

ziggy72
Jamie wrote:
The 2GB limit is a result of the AVI 1.0 video format Muvizu outputs. It's not specific to resolution (try rendering a 640x480 uncompressed video for 20 mins and you'll hit that 2GB file limit as well).

There's 3 work arounds to the limit that you can use though -

1. Render out up to 2GB (20 seconds per file or where ever you find that limit) and stitch them together in a video editor. Not Ideal.
2. Use a compression codec, Lagarith gives good results but eventually you'll hit that limit again. Not Ideal.
3. Render out a Targa Sequence. This will generate each frame as a single image file and means you'll never have an AVI file from Muvizu to hit any limit. You can open the Targa sequence in most video editors and then render a AVI (or any format video) from them. You also get a wav file for your audio output. This would be the ideal way of working.

Thanks for the reply Jamie.

1. Can't do number one because, yes you could stitch each tiny segment together, but only if the characters don't move between renders and you can only ensure that by setting them to Don't Breathe, but the breathing option doesn't work (still).

2. Tried that one before, then got COM surrogate error messages every single time Windows accessed the folder where the vids where. Never again!

3. My only option it seems - messy, as you'll end up with thousands of images to manage, but I'll go with it anyway. The audio isn't a problem as I never use the audio output from Muvizu anyway.

One thought though - AVI 2.0? Is there some reason you can't update the engine to output version 2 AVIs instead? It's Direct Show compatible, and can (theoretically) output up to 18 billion Gb (which would just about be enough for me, I think )
08/10/2013 13:00:00

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Nope, it's faster for me. The set I'm currently working on loaded up in just under 7 minutes in 1.1, and that's come down to 4.30 minutes in 1.2
08/10/2013 13:27:31

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
ziggy72 wrote:
output up to 18 billion Gb (which would just about be enough for me, I think )

lol! Big Grin
08/10/2013 15:21:43

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Ziggy - I think the way I used to work would get round that 2GB limit.

I used to use the ffdshow codec (I think it was that one - all my codecs seem to have disappeared in Muvizu now and I'm not going to mess with them). This results in smaller AVI files (which would extend the 30 secs limit substantially). I then ran these through VirtualDub and output them uncompressed in AVI 2.0 as Vegas wouldn't load the ffdshow ones.

A total faff I do appreciate, but I think this would get round things - or am I missing something ?

FYI - I now just use uncompressed as these go into Vegas directly. 30 secs of video is a long, long shot for me and I have not hit this limit yet.
08/10/2013 15:29:41

ziggy72
Yeah Berty, it's all about the 'uncompressed' bit - going straight into Vegas (you can re-render the shots out of Muvizu while you're still editing them in Vegas, which is just wierd but brilliant). I know you only lose a little when you use any kind of compression, but, y'know, you lose and that's just not helpful Anyway, this is a moot point now as to use the full HD I have to switch to TGA sequences. I wouldn't mind so much, it's just that I have to make directories for each shot... hang on, why can't Muvizu do that when I render each shot? Please
08/10/2013 15:33:15

ziggy72
First bug - yay

On opening a saved set with a man character with chest object attached (a six sided box) I get the Data Missing error we had before - the box loses it's texture and reverts to white. Yeah, that one again.
08/10/2013 15:50:00

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Nope, it's faster for me. The set I'm currently working on loaded up in just under 7 minutes in 1.1, and that's come down to 4.30 minutes in 1.2

Hi Ziggy
I meant lag. My version (64-bit Play1.2+) seems to be slower when I'm animating than the 64-bit 1.1 version.
08/10/2013 16:19:54

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Hi Ziggy
I meant lag. My version (64-bit Play1.2+) seems to be slower when I'm animating than the 64-bit 1.1 version.

Ah, I got you. No, seems about the same to me. Depends what you're running it on though - any change in the software can be amplified by slower video cards, processors, etc. And my PC is almost sentient these days Big Grin
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu Play 1.2 Feedback (also Play+)