Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Coming Soon 2016

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
26/06/2016 14:54:57

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
PatMarrNC wrote:
Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest

I am following with close interest, but I'm afraid I won't be participating. Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra is approaching five years in production and if I want to finish it before one of us dies I need to focus and crack on.

I wish everyone good luck and may join in next year when this damn thing is done
26/06/2016 16:08:56

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Rocque wrote:
How did you get the character, and desk? Everything looks awesome. I spent all day on about 30 seconds of my animation. I used parts from a pre-existing scene so just had to add a few more things here and there to personalize it. It is absolutely nothing like yours. However I still need to do more, and this is just one part I worked on today. I hope the rest goes smoothly so I can have it finished for the competition.

Keep up the good work Ziggy.
edited by Rocque on 26/06/2016

The character is just the standard Sinister without his usual evil accessories (dressed formally for the occasion!). I added some detail to his face decal, but other than that he is pretty standard. The desk is just a Muvizu desk - don't know what 'pack' it comes from, since I always just use the search box in the Create Objects bit to pull up things (manually searching through them all is too slow). The papers and coffee cup are imported, and the whole lot sits on a floating ground plane. The lighting consists of two spotlights - on a black set they look quite dramatic And that's it - like I said, there are no magical tricks to help you make your movie, only what Muvizu gives you (but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!). The only way any of us get better at anything is practise, so please, everyone, enter something into Clayster's competition and show some support. And thankyou for your questions Rocque, I am happy to explain anything to anyone if it helps them.
26/06/2016 17:09:58

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ukBerty wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
Anybody know if any of the other Moguls will be participating in the contest

I am following with close interest, but I'm afraid I won't be participating. Beware the Eye of Amun-Ra is approaching five years in production and if I want to finish it before one of us dies I need to focus and crack on.

I wish everyone good luck and may join in next year when this damn thing is done

I respect your dedication to task! Can't wait to see the final product!

(And, FWIW, I'm also hoping nobody involved in the project dies!!)
26/06/2016 17:11:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
(but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!).

What he said ^^^^^^
26/06/2016 17:20:25

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:

I've started a project but I'm not sure if I can make it funny enough, so I may enter this, something else, or maybe I'll wait for the next competition.

"Funny enough?"

Gee, I'd hate to think there are humour police who get to declare where the threshold begins at which anything can be declared to be funny. My own take is that unless a video is clearly meant to be taken seriously, then it qualifies.

Personally, I like understated tongue in cheek humour.

Having said that, only you get to decide whether or not to participate. But I've hired some thugs to help you decide, and they're on their way to your house now....

;-)
26/06/2016 22:55:44

Rocque
Rocque
We should also have a dedicated area for the best thread comments and this one has several.

MDW13's not funny enough comment is one I am still laughing over. I am not sure why I thought that comment was so funny, but I was thinking the same thing about my entry as I am making it. I even made the same comment to someone else that I did not think my entry was going to be funny enough for a competition on humor.

PatMarrNC offers the most encouraging comments to everyone and definitely deserves an award for motivational commenting.

Ziggy72's comment in the following quotes are also highly encouraging and motivational:
like I said, there are no magical tricks to help you make your movie, only what Muvizu gives you (but some users are so focussed on what it CANT do they never get around to exploiting what it CAN do!). The only way any of us get better at anything is practise, so please, everyone, enter something into Clayster's competition and show some support. And thank you for your questions Rocque, I am happy to explain anything to anyone if it helps them.

This is one reason why I look forward to reading this forum. There are super stars here! Thanks for being excellent ambassadors for Muvizu.
30/06/2016 08:55:23

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Wow, Sinister makes for an absolutely perfect Burroughs! I suppose he could make a pretty good version of various other gaunt dude celebs. He could do well as a lot of classic rock stars... Iggy Pop, Bowie, Mick Jagger, etc. (So if anybody wants to make the Dancing in the Streets video in Muvizu, you're good to go.)

ziggy72 wrote:
I know I said I wasn't going to post any more pictures of what I'm working on for Clayster's competition, but I love this image This is what Burroughs used to do, just go on a stage and sit and read to the audience in darkness. A little sepia tint to the camera output is the only effect added. So simple - this is why I love this program you know, its not for the tricks its for the looks you can achieve.

30/06/2016 15:46:22

ziggy72
He does do good 'gaunt' does Sinister - he doesn't get used enough because of the dumb default hand positions, which is a shame.
30/06/2016 17:01:37

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
If the table had been round, this would be a good setup for a Charlie Rose interview...
29/09/2016 16:53:44

ziggy72

Nearly done - editing, editing, editing...
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Coming Soon 2016