Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 2 Questions please help!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
01/01/2016 01:38:36

Ericksone
Ericksone
Issue # 1: I am trying to direct several characters to talk and/or sing at different times. Almost like they start off as a chorus, then one goes solo, then chorus again and then solo by another character. I am only finding clips for older versions of Muvizu or am missing something. Everytime I try to create or direct, the sounds are overlapping or others cant sing to different parts... hope this makes sense and I thank you in advance for your help!

Issue # 2: The santa hat in the expansion pack turns gray on my characters during directing. Not sure if this is normal or not. I deleted Muvizu and reinstalled and still having the problem. Will it show red and white after recording video or???

Thanks again and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!
01/01/2016 02:26:28

MarkWaldo
MarkWaldo
Ericksone wrote:
Issue # 1: I am trying to direct several characters to talk and/or sing at different times. Almost like they start off as a chorus, then one goes solo, then chorus again and then solo by another character. I am only finding clips for older versions of Muvizu or am missing something. Everytime I try to create or direct, the sounds are overlapping or others cant sing to different parts... hope this makes sense and I thank you in advance for your help!

I can help you only with Issue #1 because I never downloaded the Christmas pack. In order to prevent people speaking out of turn, you have to have separate audio tracks for each person or use the speak/shush buttons. If an audio track is shared by others, they will all say the same thing unless you have them shushed at the point you want one person to speak. I almost always don't use the speak/shush buttons, but rather, make the dialog in Audacity, with each person on a separate track and exported separately. I just leave the speak button on and they each speak independently on queue. I know that others do this and I find it the easiest for me instead of hitting the speak/shush buttons.
01/01/2016 02:30:52

Ericksone
Ericksone
Thanks. I think I figured it out and right when I was 3/4 the way finished Muvizu crashed.... I imported seperate tracks but how can I assign those tracks to characters. For example:
Person 1-4: Sing/talk together track 1
Person 1: Solo/talk alone track 2
Person 1-4: Alltogether again track 3
Person 2: Solo/talk alone

etc.....

I am doing something wrong and making it more difficult than it has to be but cant quite pinpoint my errors... Thanks for the help.. any suggestions?
01/01/2016 02:34:44

Ericksone
Ericksone
I remember in the old Muvizu you could have all characters on the timeline and slide the audio where it was appropriate. Currently I am only able to get one character at a time....
01/01/2016 09:14:00

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
You can only have one audio track per character but they are able to share.
You might want to make just one audio track and make sure all the characters will lipsync to it in prepare-->dialogue
Then you leave the solo one on talk all the time and tell the others to shush when it's the solo.

The Santa hat thing sounds like a bug, so you might want to contact support. http://www.muvizu.com/Support
01/01/2016 09:16:55

MrDrWho13
Ericksone wrote:
I remember in the old Muvizu you could have all characters on the timeline and slide the audio where it was appropriate. Currently I am only able to get one character at a time....

You can still do that but it's a bit more effort of you want to keep talking and shushing. The characters appear on the timeline when animations are added to them.
01/01/2016 18:17:14

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I like to record all of the dialog in Audacity, putting each character's on its own track. In this environment, all dialog can be played back at once, which lets me slide things around until the timing is what I want. This approach gives you one contiguous dialog track for each character

Then I export each track, naming it for the character who will speak the lines .

Then I PREPARE > AUDIO and add each of the clips to the time line...

Then I PREPARE > DIALOG and assign each clip to a character

Then switch to DIRECT and record the whole dialog at once

Getting things lined up in Audacity (where there are a lot more editing and positioning tools) makes things easy in MUVIZU.

If you want multiple characters to be saying the same lines, add those lines separately to each characters track and get it semi-synchronized with the other characters tracks when they say the same lines. (I say "semi-synchronized" because there is always human variation when a group of different people sing, and building that into the audio file will sound more realistic than cutting and pasting identical snippets of the same phrase.)
01/01/2016 18:51:24

Ericksone
Ericksone
Thank you both for your help. Please see this video for the problems I am running into...

I did find a tough work around which is time consuming. Leaving it as one track and recording each character toggling the talk/shush button at specific points. Thanks again and sorry if there is something simple I am missing.
01/01/2016 20:34:20

MrDrWho13
Thanks for the little video, it's always best to get the exact details of the problem and you've displayed them very well!

First of all, I think you're over-complicating this with the separate dialogue tracks because if you're using the method, you need the right timings and spaces in each audio clip so they don't overlap as you've shown there. What's happening is they're all playing at the same time because they're all in the same space on the timeline.
--
Characters show on the main timeline when animations of any kind are added to them; in this case it's assigning the dialogue to each one.
--
All these different methods are getting confused with your video because rather than separating just characters, you're splitting up the entire song. Remember, you can only have a maximum one dialogue track used per character, but tracks can be shared between characters. (so you can't have the chorus and a specific track for each character unless they're in the same audio file)

--

Personally I think the best method for this specific video is to put all the song together in audacity into a single mp3 or wav file, let all the characters use this track, then direct the talk/shush. http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/58/getting-multiple-dialogue-tracks-into-muvizu
--

You said you used to be able to move the little timeline markers. This is true and exactly the same now but you have to direct some markers in using the talk/shush buttons when recording and then move them afterwards in the timeline.

--

Every animation can be seen on the main timeline which is in tools-->timeline, but the one you showed us is specifically for directing an animation for one item. You can show the other tracks by clicking the buttons along the top of the timeline.

I hope I haven't missed anything, I'll clarify some points if needed since this is quite difficult to explain.

(All the images are from the wiki)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 01/01/2016
edited by MrDrWho13 on 01/01/2016
01/01/2016 21:20:46

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Ericksone, you can only drag the audio tracks about in normal Timeline view, not in any of the Recording modes. When you're recording Dialogue, you can only effect the Talk/Shush status, nothing else, so you can't move the audio track AT THAT POINT, but once you leave recording mode you can.
01/01/2016 21:52:32

Ericksone
Ericksone
Awesome! Thanks for your help! I will let you know if any other issues arise. You guys are great!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 2 Questions please help!