Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Break Up Lines Animated - Will You Help?

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
01/11/2010 14:30:25

caligaluk
caligaluk
For more than a decade now, I've run a Glasgow-based website for the romantically-challenged (read: dumped).

In that time thousands of break up lines have been sent in (with new ones arriving every week!)

Over the past year, I've compiled some of the best into a book I am hoping to publish & which may well get turned into an iPhone app at some point too...Both in the works!

....But after seeing a Muvizu guy give a talk at the GFT last month - I was inspired by what I saw and had an idea....

Is there someone out there that could whip up some 10 second animations of people getting dumped? ...One line at a time - to be unveiled every week or so?

There's sadly no money in it, (as the site is just me really and doesn't make money), but you'd get exposure to more than ten thousand "uniques" a month and as we build this, we can look at ways to turn those eyeballs into joint revenue! In fact, there are plans afoot to re-launch the site utilizing vbulletin & its CMS.

I aim to have a special "channel" for these works to be showcased. For now, I'd put them somewhere on the homepage to maximise exposure of your work.

If you're in Glasgow - even better - but really just looking for someone who's ambitious, creative, fun with a good sense of humor and artistic ability to turn these lines into something amazing!

Is that you?

More info in my profile if you're interested. Get in touch if you fancy it.

Thanks for your time. Maybe even a couple of different people might like to do them so no one feels too pressurized to perform each week :0)

All the best,

Cali
PS: The site gets press all over the globe and I am very confident we could get exposure for your animations too!
edited by caligaluk on 11/1/2010
01/11/2010 15:00:26

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
sounds like a great idea!!!

you must have some cracking break up lines! would love to hear some of them!
01/11/2010 15:12:08

caligaluk
caligaluk
Well the line "I could totally fall in love with you, but I'm thinking of becoming a priest" - was the line the inspired the actual site a decade + ago...

This delivered to me whilst in bed one Sunday evening - just hours after I'd arrived home on a flight from California!

Classy!

PS - He's married now and living in North Glasgow :O
01/11/2010 15:13:25

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
Sounds like a brill idea. Maybe you could get a couple of people on board.
I could see it being a pretty good series especially if you can get a youtube following!

For anyone that wants to have a look at caligaluk's website here it is (sorry caligaluk for stealing you thunder Big Grin)

http://soyouvebeendumped.com/
01/11/2010 15:19:33

caligaluk
caligaluk
No stealing at all hon. I was vague about it because I run a forum where I don't allow people posting URLs so I was being respectful to Muvizu - but hey you said it not me :0)

I have a meeting tomorrow with moviecom.tv to hear about their platform (and its monetization capabilities!) and would love to have these lines be "adverts" on that SYBD channel.

It's very exciting times down at Dumped HQ!

Thanks for the feedback people!

Seems a great, creative community!
01/11/2010 15:33:19

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Caligal, you might want to check out some of Kev's old dating vids. They were done with an early version of the app, but you could do something like this in an hour or so:

01/11/2010 16:21:54

caligaluk
caligaluk
OMG I dated that guy....Once.

Too funny.

Thanks for sharing. I'll tweet it.

Will check out some other of the vids.

Cali
edited by caligaluk on 11/1/2010
01/11/2010 16:45:35

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
You have a very interesting idea. I'd be willing to lend a hand if needed.
01/11/2010 23:01:39

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Just been reading some of the dump lines - ouch! Interesting challenge to make a one sentence vid though. I'll have a go, if you like.
02/11/2010 10:48:20

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
i think this is my favourite so far

“I’m making a changes in my life that don’t include you. I’m sorry. I love you but I’m going through a quarter life crisis right now. You know I’m not going to live much longer because all prodigies die young.”

damn young-dying prodigies! always messing up plans and such...
02/11/2010 11:32:20

StoneheadExperimental user
Stonehead
Haha ...a great idea
I would love to help but no one really understands me ......and it really wouldn't be fair on you..... and I'm not in a good place artistically right now....and you know you deserve do much better than me.....I would have contacted you sooner but I lost your number and my selective amnesia has kicked in again...... a big boy did it and ran away (Mmmm maybe not the last one )

It sounds a lot of fun ...and I think you've come to the right place ...good luck with this project
02/11/2010 11:34:07

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Violin lol
02/11/2010 11:41:29

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
i believe there is a lolcat for every ocassion - to wit:

02/11/2010 12:26:29

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
There's never just one lolcat Kerry!

02/11/2010 16:35:15

caligaluk
caligaluk
Hello!

Thank you all so much for the input/feedback/comments and funnies!

Sorry for not getting back on here sooner - had a meeting with MovieCom.TV this morning (btw Muvizu folks I suggested they get in touch with you! Might be great to collaborate for both you guys), and then went straight to a networking event in Glasgow at the Thistle (where I also plugged this talented community!)

Anyway - could anyone who's up for doing a break-up line animation just send me an email with your interest, contact details, and perhaps the line you'd like to do?

And can someone get one to me be Friday and we can do it as a Friday Afternoon Fun thing? Is that doable?

Maybe what we'll do is do it for a set period of time (say 3 months) - get the visitors to vote for their favorite one and then I'll give a prize or a bit of CA$H. (Just talking off the top of my head now...)

Thanks so much to those of you who've offered to do one. I really appreciate it.

Get in touch if you're interested.

PROJECT:

1) < 20 second animation

2) Using SYBD Break Up Line (I will just let you guys pick a line from one on the list that you think you can get creative with instead of assigning some to you that might not resonate). I do have thousands of lines which I can discuss with people on the phone.

3) We need all types of people - e.g. different colours, ages (16-60), both genders, gay & straight and accents too - to illustrate how "universal" break ups are.

4) Please discuss your project with me before doing it (in case other people are wanting to do the same line).

5) The video used each will will be on the homepage for one week - then we'll move them to an archived page

6) Each creator will get a short bio to accompany their work and a link to one of their online presences (be it here, your own site, a vimeo or youtube channel - your choice).

I think that covers it...? Again any more questions get in touch ok?

Best wishes, and big thanks!

Miss Cali
info@soyouvebeendumped.com
edited by caligaluk on 11/2/2010
05/11/2010 20:40:43

caligaluk
caligaluk
Hey Again

Big, big thanks for MR G for doing the first animation break up line for me.

I thought I might entice someone to animate this next line, as it's a hoot (and no this one wasn't used on me, I can assure you...) Whaaaaa?

"Don't get me wrong, I really love your boobs, but I thought they were real...now that I know they're fake I can't be with someone that shallow."

I think that line would lend itself well to being animated.

Does anyone agree and want to tackle it?

Let me know.

Thanks y'all.
12/11/2010 13:55:27

caligaluk
caligaluk
Thanks to Gordon from Muvizu for the first line. It's much appreciated and now LIVE on So You've Been Dumped.

http://soyouvebeendumped.com/blog/?p=1978

Looking forward to getting a few more done. I know one more is in the making...Excited to see it.

Best wishes,

Cali
12/11/2010 14:23:35

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
haha thats brill
12/11/2010 15:59:40

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
hahaa! that's hilarious. i still can't believe that someone said that in real life with (what i'm assuming was) a straight face. yikes!
12/11/2010 16:13:55

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Excellent Big Grin
Love how u used the breakdance end pose for the bed scene. Good thinking
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Break Up Lines Animated - Will You Help?